2019 RAM 1500 Performance
The RAM 1500 performance has elevated this pickup to near-legendary status, and for this new model year, it’s offering more than ever before. Advanced available features like its Class-Exclusive Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension help to ensure superior off-road performance and class-leading fuel efficiency, and for improved capability, RAM has released this pickup with an available eTorque mild hybrid system! Whether you opt for the baseline 3.6-Liter Pentastar® V6 or the optional 5.7L HEMI® V8, you’ll quickly fall in love with this pickup’s incredible capabilities.
RAM 1500 Engine Options, Horsepower, and Torque
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: The baseline RAM 1500 powertrain generates up to 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: Upgrade with this even larger HEMI® engine to enjoy up to 395 hp and an incredible 410 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: eTorque technology does not affect the horsepower and torque produced by the RAM 1500, but it does improve towing power by a significant margin.
RAM 1500 Gas Mileage
Every RAM 1500 configuration includes a class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, and can be optioned with either rear-wheel drive (4×2) or four-wheel drive (4×4). Naturally, the 2019 RAM 1500 gas mileage will vary depending on which engine and drivetrain you select:
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine with eTorque
- Rear-Wheel Drive: 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway
- Four-Wheel Drive: 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine
- Rear-Wheel Drive: 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway
- Four-Wheel Drive: 15 mpg city/21 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with eTorque
- Rear-Wheel Drive: 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway
- Four-Wheel Drive: 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway
RAM 1500 performance features like the eTorque mild hybrid system set this pickup apart from all competitors. It replaces the traditional alternator with a 48-volt electric motor that powers the Engine Start/Stop technology and goes to work right when you need it. The technology also delivers extra power in a burst, even when you’re just beginning to accelerate, so it improves towing power, too!
RAM 1500 Towing Power and Payload Capacities
- Even with the baseline 3.6-Liter Pentastar V6®, the RAM 1500 can tow as much as 7,730 pounds without trouble.
- Drivers who upgrade with the available V8 HEMI® engine will have a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- To push the capabilities of your RAM truck even further, upgrade once again with eTorque technology. Those who choose to equip the technology will boost their towing power by more than 1,000 pounds, to a grand total of 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the weight of the model you choose, your payload capacity will vary between 2,100 and 2,300 pounds.
Schedule Your Test Drive at Gurnee Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Near Kenosha
If you still have more research to do, take an in-depth look at the RAM 1500 safety features and exterior, or see how it compares to the Nissan Titan and the GMC Sierra. If you’re ready to experience the RAM 1500 performance for yourself, schedule a test drive in any of our new RAM 1500 models today.