2019 Jeep Compass vs. 2019 Ford Escape: An SUV Comparison
There’s no doubt that the 2019 Jeep Compass and 2019 Ford Escape are two of the most capable SUVs on the market, but which is right for your family? The experts at Gurnee Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (CDJR) in Gurnee, IL, created this compact SUV comparison to help you decide. Be sure to check out our Jeep Compass inventory to find your preferred model or learn more about this reliable SUV on our Compass hub.
For the purposes of this comparison, we’ll be taking a look at the 2019 Jeep Compass Limited, starting at $28,195 MSRP, and the 2019 Ford Escape SE, starting at $26,500 MSRP.
When it comes to capability, the all-new Jeep Compass and 2019 Ford Escape are equally matched. Both SUVs include stop-start systems to help you save big at the pump, but only the 2019 Compass boasts renowned Jeep off-road performance, a six-speed Aisin automatic transmission, and hill start assist. Learn more about each model’s respective engine specifications below.
|2019 Jeep Compass||Model||2019 Ford Escape|
|2.4L I4 M-Air||Engine||1.5L EcoBoost®|
|180 HP||Horsepower||179 HP|
|175 lb.-ft.||Torque||177 lb.-ft.|
Take safety seriously when you drive the 2019 Jeep Compass or new Ford Escape. These safe SUVs offer advanced airbag systems, traction and stability control, and LATCH systems to give you peace of mind. However, only the new Compass goes above and beyond to ensure your safety with the following considerations:
- Electronic roll mitigation
- Fog and cornering lamps
- ParkView® rear back-up camera
- Power adjustable heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Rain brake support
Interior Design & Cargo Space
Let the new Jeep Compass and 2019 Ford Escape simplify your daily drive. These family SUVs feature 60/40 folding rear seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, and front and rear floor mats to ease your weekly routine. Discover a sampling of the interior and cargo area features that can only be found on the 2019 Jeep Compass below.
- Ambient LED interior lighting
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Deep tint sunscreen glass
- Eight cargo tie-down loops
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
- Leather-trimmed bucket seats with perforated leather inserts
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Power eight-way driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Rear cargo underfloor tray
- Reversible carpet/vinyl cargo mat
Stay connected at every destination when you drive the 2019 Jeep Compass or all-new Ford Escape. Both SUVs include multiple powerpoints, push-button starts, and remote start systems to keep you charged up and in the know. View some of the high-tech features only available on the new Jeep Compass below.
- 7.0-in. color driver information display
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatible
- Bluetooth® technology
- Media hub (USB, auxiliary input jack)
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio trial
- Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-in. touchscreen display
Schedule a Test Drive at Gurnee CDJR
Convinced the 2019 Jeep Compass is the compact SUV for you? Browse the new inventory at Gurnee CDJR in Gurnee, IL, to view available models on our lot. Then, schedule a test drive and we’ll have your favorite model ready and waiting upon your arrival. To learn more about the 2019 Jeep Compass versus the 2019 Ford Escape, get in touch with a Gurnee CDJR representative at (847) 932-3080 or fill out our online form.