2019 Dodge Grand Caravan vs 2019 Honda Odyssey
When choosing a new minivan for your Kenosha and Libertyville drives, many end up comparing the Dodge Grand Caravan vs. Honda Odyssey. The 2019 Odyssey makes news wherever it goes, but the 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan offers advantages in several key areas, and we think our neighbors are sure to appreciate what it’s bringing to the table. One of these areas is pricing: drivers who choose the Odyssey will pay up to $3,500 more than they would in choosing the Grand Caravan. However, affordability is hardly the only reason to stick with Dodge! Once you’ve had the chance to get behind the wheel, you’ll see that the Grand Caravan is both more maneuverable and more flexible inside.
Interior Features and Configurations: Odyssey vs. Grand Caravan
Which model has the more comfortable and convenient interior?
- The Odyssey and the Grand Caravan offer very similar amounts of passenger and cargo space, and the Caravan even offers slightly more space when all three rows of seating are situated upright. At maximum, the Dodge and Honda minivans offer 143.8 and 144.9 cubic feet of cargo volume, respectively.
- In a major win for Dodge, only the Grand Caravan offers the Stow ’n Go® Seating and Storage System. This allows the minivan’s 2nd-row seats to be folded directly into the floor when you need to access more cargo space. In order to access a similar amount of cargo volume in the Honda Odyssey, you’ll need to go home, manually detach the seats from your interior, find someplace to store them, and load them up once again when all is said and done.
- The Dodge Grand Caravan also offers class-exclusive tailgating seats! When the vehicle is stopped and parked, you can use this available feature to flip the third-row seats nearly 180 degrees around, creating the perfect space to watch a drive-in movie or relax before the big game.
- Reflecting its higher starting price, the Honda Odyssey generally offers a wider array of interior features than its competitor. However, drivers who only desire a few key features, and who don’t want to pay extra for features they won’t use, may have better luck equipping the Grand Caravan! A rear entertainment system and satellite radio are both options in the Grand Caravan’s baseline trim.
Performance: Grand Caravan or Odyssey?
- By the numbers, the Odyssey at first looks as though it has the advantage in performance. Although the 3.6-Liter Grand Caravan engine and the 3.5-Liter Odyssey engine offer near-identical amounts of horsepower and torque (with a small advantage to the Grand Caravan), the Odyssey offers slightly higher EPA-estimated fuel economy in the city and on the highway.
- However, the Grand Caravan possesses a wheelbase and a turning radius that provide better handling. Comparing the Grand Caravan vs. Honda Odyssey, we see these minivans offer wheelbases of 121.2 inches and 118.1 inches, respectively. These extra three inches make the Grand Caravan more stable than its rival, and with a turning diameter that’s half a foot smaller than that of the Odyssey, the Grand Caravan is also better at handling corners.
- The Odyssey also comes equipped with smaller brake rotors than the Dodge Grand Caravan. The 13-inch rotors in the Grand Caravan provide better stopping power than the 12.6-inch rotors in the Honda.
Step Behind the Wheel
Ready to take the next steps? Find out how the Grand Caravan measures up against rivals like the Kia Sedona and the Toyota Sienna before contacting Gurnee Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM to schedule your test drive! If you’ve already made your choice, start exploring our new Grand Caravan inventory today!