2019 Dodge Durango vs. 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe
355-hp 5.3-Liter EcoTec3 V8
475-hp 6.4-Liter V8 SRT® HEMI
420-hp 6.2-Liter EcoTec3 V8
19 mpg City / 26 mpg Highway
15 mpg City / 22 mpg Highway
8-Speed Automatic with Manual Mode
Comparing the Dodge Durango vs. Chevy Tahoe, one might first get the sense that these two SUVs simply aren’t evenly matched. After all, the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe starts all the way at $47,900 MSRP, while the 2019 Dodge Durango pricing starts more than $15,000 lower, at $29,995 MSRP. However, the 2019 Dodge Durango is more than capable of holding its own, and with more powerful engine options and more interior configurations than the Tahoe, we think it’s an easy choice for Kenosha and Libertyville drivers.
Durango vs. Tahoe: Performance and Engine Options
Let’s take a closer look at how the specs of these two SUVs stack up:
- The Tahoe may have a longer, wider exterior, but the Durango features a wheelbase that’s nearly four inches longer than the setup in the Tahoe. This allows the Durango to offer a more stable, responsive drive. Both vehicles come standard with rear-wheel drive, and offer all-wheel drive as an option, even in their baseline trims.
- Although the Tahoe has a power advantage when we compare these models’ baseline configurations, drivers who really want to pull out all the stops will have to go for the Durango. High-end Durango trims feature a 6.4-Liter V8 that generates 475 hp. The most powerful Tahoe engine only delivers 420 hp!
- Drivers who choose the Durango will have more options when it comes to performance. The Dodge is available in five trims and numerous configurations, and it offers three different engines: a 3.6L V6, a 5.7L V8, and a 6.4L V8. The Tahoe only offers two engines across three available trims.
- The Dodge Durango turning diameter is equal to 37.1 feet. This means that it’s better at cornering and maneuvering on Libertyville roads than the Tahoe, which has a 39-foot turning diameter.
Durango vs. Tahoe: Interior Dimensions
- The Durango comes standard with seating for five, and its highly customizable interior can be outfitted for either six or seven passengers with an available third row and 2nd-row captain’s chairs. The Chevy Tahoe starts out with seating for eight, but it can be outfitted for seven.
- The Tahoe may be a longer car, but the Durango, with 17.2 cubic feet of cargo space, actually offers more cargo space behind its available third row! The Tahoe manages just 15.3 cubic feet of the same.
- If you really require space for that potential 8th passenger, then you’ll have no choice but to opt for the Tahoe here. For everyone else, the Durango offers a balance of passenger and cargo space that’s more than sufficient for most tasks.
Take the Next Steps!
Explore our Dodge Durango inventory and our new vehicle specials before you contact us and schedule your test drive at Gurnee Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM near Antioch. Still in the research phase? Compare the 2019 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2019 Chevy Equinox.